چهارده اصلي که ادواردز دمينگ(يکي از رهبران نهضت کيفيت) بر مي شمارد مي توانند به عنوانرهنمودي مورد استفاده مديران ارشد قرار گيرند که عبارتند از:
1_هدفي با ثبات يا پايدار تعيين کنيد و بر آن اساس به صورت دائم محصولات و خدمات را اصلاح کنيد.
2_فلسفه جديد را بپذيريد.
3_خود را از قيد و بند بررسي هاي پياپي رها سازيد.
4_تنها بر اساس برچسب قيمت به کارکان پاداش ندهيد.
5_به صورت دائم درصدد اصلاح سيستم توليدوارائه خدمات باشيد.
6_براي آموزش ضمن خدمت ، روش هاي نوين به کار گيريد.
7_مربي به بار آوريد.
8_جرات داشته باشيد.
9_موانع بين واحدها و کارکنان را از ميان برداريد.
10دست از شعار برداريد و براي کارکنان هدف هاي مشخص تعيين نکنيد.
11_سهميه هاي کمي را (براي کارکنان) حذف کنيد.
12_موانعي که بر سر راه مباهات کارکنان قرار دارد، از ميان برداريد.
13_براي آموزش و فراگيري اراد رنامه هاي سفت و سخت به اجرا درآوريد.
14_براي ايجاد تحول دست به اقدام عملي بزنيد.
The 14 points apply anywhere, to small organisations as well as to large ones, to the service industry as well as to manufacturing. They apply to a division within a company.
1. Create constancy of purpose toward improvement of product and service, with the aim to become competitive and to stay in business, and to provide jobs.
2. Adopt the new philosophy. We are in a new economic age. Western management must awaken to the challenge, must learn their responsibilities, and take on leadership for change.
3. Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need for inspection on a mass basis by building quality into the product in the first place.
4. End the practice of awarding business on the basis of price tag. Instead, minimise total cost. Move towards a single supplier for any one item, on a long-term relationship of loyalty and trust.
5. Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service, to improve quality and productivity, and thus constantly decrease costs.
6. Institute training on the job.
7. Institute leadership. The aim of supervision should be to help people and machines and gadgets to do a better job. Supervision of management is in need of an overhaul, as well as supervision of production workers.
8. Drive out fear, so that everyone may work effectively for the company.
9. Break down barriers between departments. People in research, design, sales, and production must work as a team, to foresee problems of production and in use that may be encountered with the product or service.
10. Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and targets for the workforce asking for zero defects and new levels of productivity. Such exhortations only create adversarial relationships, as the bulk of the causes of low quality and low productivity belong to the system and thus lie beyond the power of the work force.
11. a. Eliminate work standards (quotas) on the factory floor. Substitute leadership.
b. Eliminate management by objective. Eliminate management by numbers, numerical goals. Substitute leadership.
12. a. Remove barriers that rob the hourly paid worker of his right to pride in workmanship. The responsibility of supervisors must be changed from sheer numbers to quality.
b. Remove barriers that rob people in management and engineering of their right to pride in workmanship. This means, inter alia, abolishment of the annual or merit rating and management by objective.
13. Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement.
14. Put everybody in the company to work to accomplish the transformation. The transformation is everybody’s job.